Every quarterly release of Beautiful Losers Magazine will feature original artwork from an indie visual artist.
If you’re an artist and would like to be featured, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, to the attention of our Art Director, with a short bio and your thoughts on Why you would be a great featured artist. Please do not send any artwork via email unless requested so by our staff.
For our first release, we featured the gorgeous, mesmerizing work of Federica Frati.
Was born in Brescia in 1977. She graduated from the art school “Foppa” where she learned the main artistic techniques. After two years attending the Academy of Fine Arts of Brera, she graduated in Art at the University of Milan. Since 2009 Federica creates engraving prints at the Luciano Pea laboratory.
Since 2010 and parallel to the engraving works, the artist produced paintings following models and techniques of medieval painting: the synthesis and the solemnity of some frescoes, the non-descriptive urgency, the glimmers of gold, and “verdaccio” backgrounds, mark the pictorial production of Federica. The sign becomes prevalent and predominant in her paintings as in her prints, so often that the paintings and engraving prints were exhibited together.
- October 2010: “e la porta fu chiusa” – UCAI gallery, San Zenone all’Arco, Brescia, Italy
- April 2012: “Segmenti” – Mimesis gallery, Calvisano, Brescia, Italy
- September 2012: group show “IM-ESPRESSIONI”- Soncino Press Museum, Cremona, Italy
- October 2012: group show “Civiltà Contadina”, a tribute to Luciano Cottini – church of Santa Maria della Rosa, Calvisano, Brescia, Italy
- June 2013: third place at Lidia Anita Petroni competition with the work “Mother and son”
- August 2013: group show at Biennale di Soncino, a Marco – fortress of Soncino, Cremona, Italy
- February 2014: group show “La memoria del corpo” – Spazio Duina, Paitone Area, Brescia, Italy
- April 2015: first place at the XXXVII edition of the award Matteo Olivero, painting section, Saluzzo, Cuneo, Italy
- April 2015: second place at the XXXVII edition of the award Matteo Olivero, graphics section, Saluzzo, Cuneo, Italy
- February 2016: “Giro di stella, gli incisori di Pachiderma studio” – Spazio arte Duina- Cascina Balocchi, Lonato, Brescia, Italy
- April 2016: solo show “Impuri”- Fondazione Amleto Bretoni, Saluzzo Arte, Saluzzo, Cuneo, Italy
- July 2016: “Oggettività- Soggettività”, group show curated by Maria Novella Gennari – associazione culturale Il Movente, Brescia, Italy